About the AAEE
The Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE) is a gathering of like-minded professionals who share a passion for the advancement of engineering education. Formed to nurture excellence and promote innovation in engineering education, the AAEE is an ideal group for professional engineers, academics, postgraduate students, librarians, support staff and employers.
AAEE mission and objectives
The AAEE’s mission is to improve all aspects of engineering education in Australasia. Their objectives are:
- To illuminate Australasia’s need for advanced engineering skills.
- To boost participation rates in engineering education training, especially in segments of lower representation such as women and non-traditional students.
- To promote the design, creation and implementation of new teaching techniques.
- To develop and utilise tools to measure the effectiveness of teaching.
- To assist educators who are training the next generation of Australasian engineers.
- To help engineering educators in their efforts towards professional development.
- To make AAEE the authority on all aspects of engineering education in the region.
- To foster co-sponsorships of AAEE by other associations and institutions.
- To connect with organisations in other countries who are aligned with our goals and purpose.
A regular e-newsletter keeps members of AAEE up-to-date with the latest engineering education news, and they are also eligible for registration discounts at AAEE conferences, workshops and short courses.
Attending the annual meeting allows members to help shape the future of AAEE and to take part in elections. AAEE also offers insights, access to knowledge and networking with like-minded peers and industry contacts.
Australasian Association for Engineering Education Annual Awards
The Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE) is excited to offer a suite of awards to recognise outstanding contributions to engineering education in Australasia. These awards, to be presented at the AAEE 2016 Annual Conference in Coffs Harbour NSW, are judged by a panel of experts drawn from across Australasia.
AAEE are pleased to invite nominations for Engineering Education Excellence, Engineering Education Research Design, and Engineering Education Engagement.
Award application Dates
Entries will re-open in 2017.
Award and application Criteria
Full details of the awards and instructions for applicants can be found here.
- Australian Council of Engineering Deans National Award for Engineering Education Excellence
- Award for Engineering Education Research Design
- Award for Engineering Education Engagement
Help grow engineering education in Australasia
If you are an engineer, educator or innovator who is interested in improving and advocating for our trusted profession, you will find a strong community with the Australasian Association for Engineering Education. Find out more by visiting our website and join today!